Saturday, November 12, 2011

SF Ending



After a rainy day in Napa yesterday, it was was all sunny rays and smiles this morning in the city. After waking up from delightful slumber, I decide to once again try to run at the Golden Gate park.

What I thought was going to be an okay run through the park turned out to be the most awesome possum run ever! I don't know what it was, be it the sun, the wind, the sheer joy of being somewhere that isn't home, being surrounded by trees, I couldn't help but hold a giant smile when I was running through the park. I felt so much joy while running through the park I wasn't sure how to describe it. Pure unadulterated joy bubbling up from the inside while I pound the asphalt trails. I decided to run up the trail that leads up to Strawberry hill and was greeted by the sight of the Golden Gate bridge and the city that surrounds it. One word. Breathtaking.

I never really quite understood the quote "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take your breath away." Since I never really had many 'take my breath away' moments, it was always a bit hard to relate to. However today, I think I finally get it.

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*