Thursday, October 21, 2010

Such a Pretty Face

I just finished reading the book, Such a Pretty Face, by Cathy Lamb and all I want to do is cry. Cry for the fictional characters, cry for their lives, and cry tears of joy for the lives that they will hopefully lead.

I'm a sucker for happy endings. I'm a firm believer that good always, ALWAYS triumphs evil in the end, but sometimes the process of getting there kind of sucks. I can't but help but think about her struggles compared to mine. The one problem that stems from fluctuations of self confidence, self image, and I think most of all, self love.

It is amazing how we are all different, yet so similar when we are bound by the structure dictated by society.

Hopefully, one day, I too will have my happy ending.

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*