Friday, June 17, 2011

A glimpse....

In life, there are always going to be regrets. No matter how big or how small regrets are, they reopen old wounds and pour salt while occasionally rubbing it in when one least expects.

A student in our lab just graduated from high school and will be soon attending a prestigious college come fall was telling me of her hopes and plans that she would like to accomplish during her four years at said college. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy and regret--jealousy for what she has ahead of her, and regret for the things that I could have handled better during my own four years.

But it is too late to look back now. I just hope that I do myself enough justice to trudge on and tackle my issues one by one and just maybe...the future me...the one that will look back a bit down the road, will feel secure and content.

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all," --Dickinson

The other morning, I found a dove sitting on my patio and was not scared away when I went onto the patio to water my plants. Perhaps it, was my hope visiting. Perhaps.

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*