Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life in the midst of chaos

"Our duty is to understand people out, but has no right to ask to be understood. We’re healer, we’re no god, we only have to do what we can do and we must do. Not what others want us to do."-Dextro

Though I am no doctor (in which this sentence was referring to), I think scientists also fall under this category in a sense. We only can ask of ourselves to be better, to be more compassionate, and to be more sympathetic in our line of work, but we can never ask others to do the same. To the people that don't understand, or don't have the capacity to understand--we have no right to ask them to understand...its either they do or don't. I made a mistake last night. I lashed out in anger (well online only...and they wouldn't know anyways) in response to some one who I thought would understand, and instead of acceptance, I was burned. The verdict of another mutual friend,was that I was being sensitive, and she was well being ...her. So plain and simple....but somehow the diagnosis is slightly hard to swallow. As for the treatment, well the treatment will be simply to do nothing.

I have been forgetting to eat lately. This use to be something strange and foreign concept to me, but now I am just simply surprised at how easy it is to do. A meal there, a meal here...it isn't the fact that I don't want to eat, I just simply don't remember to anymore. For me to eat on time would be when I am not thinking about other things, or someone asks "hey, wanna have lunch/dinner?" I guess I really am that busy as much as I don't want to admit it. Now, hopefully this will have some side benefits...*cough*weightloss*cough*...ahem...

Anyways, as for another update on chb, oye vey, I don't even know where the heck to start with him. The other day at work, he was cleaning up something squatting down in the middle of the hall, I just happened to opened door to the hall way in which his rear was pointing and got a full view of a half moon--not exactly what I wanted to see. Now that image of him is forever imprinted on my mind everytime I see him and I will never be able to take him seriously ever again. So ends my month(s) long crush on chb.

Oh speaking of work, I recently met another girl in the lab next door; she is also an SRA and we have the strangest yet interesting conversations. Me thinks this might be a cool friendship in the making. Hurrah! I love unexpectedness <3 Occasionally I think my life is going too fast for me to appreciate all the small things insides, but maybe as long as I am willing to stop once in a while, reflect and remind myself how lucky I am, maybe I will be alright.

Something else to keep in mind:


Gan bah dei oh!

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*