Sunday, August 14, 2011

Life's updates

I have to say I am pretty amazed at all the bloggers that post every day. Damn girls! You guys are super stars. Work super hours, go running miles, and then come home to blog. After my days, I just want to come home, curl up on my floor or bed, depending on how clean I feel and just stay there.

Maybe getting all this work done is like running....once you do enough mileage, you just get it and go with it instead of constantly trying to work it into your life. Hmmm if that is the case, then let me get running down first and then maybe I'll eventually be able to blog more regularly. G-d knows I need more practice writing.

My 5k is a week from today, and I went on a running hiatus for the past 11 days. *insert mild panic here*

The past 11 days have been a whirlwind of emotions and challenges. Rushing deadlines to submit a pre-submission inquiry for work that took over the past 2 1/2 years of my life, work maintenance stuff, and most of all, finding out that they want me to speak at a conference in ...........PORTUGAL!!! *insert more PANIC here*

So basically I've been trying to stay afloat my work load and attempting to schedule work and vacation a couple weeks away, while holding down the fort since boss and her admin is off on vacation. *tears*

And to make matters more interesting, I suddenly have a suitor...however I can't get over the fact that he looks exactly like my cousin with really tiny eyes. I don't think I like him as much as he likes me; our conversations always make me want to tell him to back off a bit on his enthusiasm. I wish there was a nice way of telling things like this to people.

Why is it that when things are moving in life, all of sudden, everything likes to pile on up all at once? WEIRD.

On the upside, I finally got my ass out the door for a run.



Let us hope that by this Sunday, the route will be relatively flat...and I'll be able to shave off a minute or two.

1 comment:

Amanda @ Running On Waffles said...

You will definitely be ready for your 5K next week! Good luck with everything going on. And seriously, I definitely struggle to keep on top of blogging with everything else going on (I think I've actually started sleeping less since I started blogging). However, I have noticed that I'm getting faster and find myself planning out posts in my head before I get started, which DEFINITELY helps!!
Can't wait to hear about your 5K and good luck speaking in Portugal...that's seriously awesome!

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*