Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Life....so far


I can't believe so far my summer has been way more busier than I have ever been during the school year. Go to work in the mornings, go to class in the afternoon and come home at 8:30pm every night. I am so exhausted by the end of the day I don't even think straight anymore.

For example, after work today I went to go buy water, and saw.. hmmm, Dasani water...OMG 12 bottles for 3 dollars? I am so getting this. So I hauled the box of water into my cart, paid and went home. When I opened the box at home to take out the water, I realized that these water bottles were 12oz size =_= Barely enough for two sips of waters. Sad thing was that when I was still at the store, I read the 12oz, and was like, oh cool, and didn't even think again about it. I'm such a genius...sometimes I don't even know what to do with myself.

On another note....I know I've said before how grateful I am to be working in the lab that currently work in...but recent events has never humbled me more in the extent that my co-workers are willing to do for me. Who can you name that has 3 post docs, 1 lab manager that specializes in resume writing, and 2 PhD grad students helping someone trim and perfect a resume? At the same time be introduced to cutting edge awesome scientists for job opportunities? They just keep filling my heart with tons and tons of warm ticklely feelings...so much to the point that I don't know how I can ever repay their kindness and generosity. The trust and affection I have from them, humbles me and scares me at the same time. I hope I have the potential and ability to live up and exceed their expectations--the last thing I want to do is to disappoint them. I still cannot believe the kind of support system I have--I am still stunned. Hopefully I will be able to make them proud and that I will never forget the kindness they have showed me. And that one day I will be able to give someone who needs help the kind of help that I have received in this past week.

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*