Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday

I spent a good part of this morning toting visiting scholars from Taiwan (from work) around town to the fish market (that was more than a little bit disappointing), and to Balboa Park. For the whole duration of the morning, all I could hear was blah, blah, blah, and more blah. I think I'm becoming more and more disconnected with the Taiwanese society, such that their behavior grates on my nerves a bit.

The wife, who is a petite tiny little thing, wanted to take a picture with me. But what really got on my nerves was the fact when we started to pose for the picture, she hid about 80% of her body behind me instead of standing side by side with me. Now, I'm by no means huge, but the mentally of having to look "tiny" with me and doing whatever she could to make her self look "good" to appear great in the picture irritated me to no end. I suppose If I didn't know the Taiwanese/Asian mentality of girls in which they have to look tiny and are willing to go extremes to look skinny no matter the cost, it wouldn't have bothered me as much--at moments, I wanted to scream, you are in freaking AMERICA! STOP IT. But such is life, I'm just glad today was a lesson learned and no longer will I ask them to accompany me on my social outings.

I stopped running for the past two days, and today I gently eased back into it again and I was surprised how easily my body adjusted to the workout. 16miles down, and only 14 more miles to log before the end of this month! I told myself that if I find my self running still when December pasts, I will gift myself with a new pair of running shoes! Speaking of shoes, drools, there are so many pairs of shoes to die for this season! Pumps, heels, boots, and sneakers! Why am attracted to so many things??? They aren't even shiny!

Hopefully by next summer, I'll feel the most comfortable in my own skin than I ever have been, and squeeze into a wetsuit with no problem. Go! Go! Go!

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*