Monday, October 29, 2007

Von's

The Von's where I live employs very interesting characters. A few months ago, my sister and I were buying a few random munchies around 10 o'clock at night and the cashier started talking to us like he was drunk or either very high on something. It was kind of creepy, but annoying at the same time, since we were both tired we brushed it off, thought nothing of it until today.

Today, I went to grab some bread, and at the check out stand:

Cashier: (still talking to the person in front of me suddenly turns to me) GUESS WHAT?

Me: (unsure if he was referring to me) er...what?

Cashier:
YOU'RE NEXT!

Me: er.. Thank you for telling me.

Cashier:
YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!

Me:
*smiles nervously*

Cashier:
(starts ringing me up) So, what do you do? You work? or you a student?

Me:
Student.

Cashier:
Oh! what major?

Me:
biology

Cashier:
Well, it is a big biology school here isn't it?

Me:
Yes

Cashier:
So, you are going to save the world or what?

Me:
(thinking...OMG hurry up...swips card furiously) *nervous chuckle* I'll try to.

Cashier:
Good, I like that attitude!

>Machines beeps<

Cashier:
*mumble mumble* dinero...*mumble*???

Me:
No.

Cashier:
OooOOOoo So you know spanish?

Me:
er... sure.

Cashier:
I KNEW it! you must of studied it very well huh?

Me:
....yes (for those that don't know me...the most "fluent" I can be is saying "no comphrendo espanol"...I used a debit card for crying out loud...the next thing that cashiers ask is do you want cash back or not...it doesn't take a genius to figure that out!)

Cashier:
I know 3 languages, and hoping to learn a fourth!

Me:
*smiles and nods thinking "I want to goooooooo"*

Cashier:
here you go!

Me:
Thank you, and good luck.

Cashier:
Why thank you. Take care.

Me:
*runs out of the store*


Now looking back, I can't decide whether to be amused, scared or flattered that he chatted me up. Though he did give me the icky feeling that A. has been giving me in the past. Grr...I should wear my glasses more often so I look like a Fob, that way, no one dares talk to me. :P

No comments:

*disclaimer*

This site's main theme more so stems from "Grace Kelly" by Mika. There is absolutely no association with Grace Kelly the actress. I only wish I could have 1/2 the grace she possesses on screen. *sighs*